The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Life after Maturita...

There is life after Maturita! :-)
I apologise for being absent from my Blog for soooooooooooooo long - around 4 months!! :-O
I deliberately took a break from most things after the strains & stresses of a demanding period in my life.
However, seldom does a day pass by without my wife or I commenting: "Milacku, you (I) don't have to do any studying!" It is a moment still to be savoured, and neither of us tire of it. It is a deeply satisfying feeling.

Since June, the holidays came - the High Tatras, and the death of my walking boots at Jahnaci Stit...working at the cottage, and fulfilling my dream of cycling back from the cottage - all 124 kms of it - and what a wonderful trip it was. It is like a video recording in my mind, and I frequently play the movie. So often, we move in life from one thing to another, and at this stage in my life, I'm learning to savour the moment more.

The holidays were a time of watching films and reading books that I wanted to watch & read...as opposed to a year ago when I was working through my Czech Literature list!
And since school began, I've been to Wurzburg, Germany for the preparation of ISLI 2017, and my wife & I enjoyed a 4 day trip to Paris - a reward for her tremendous help during my studies - she pretty much learnt everything with me!

And I have some old classes, some new classes...but all of them good! :-) I absolutely love my job, and am extremely satisfied in it...I only hope it shows during my lessons ;-)
So, life since Maturita has been, and continues to be - GOOD!

On reflection, I did learn something about discipline. Last year, I had to study 3 or 4 times a week (if not more?), and it seems a shame to lose that sense of discipline, and to drift in inactivity.

So, I have determined myself to study what I want to study (the Bible, and preparation for my work), and also to stir up my writing juices again. I love writing - and another of my dreams is to write a book (books?), mainly concerning my life, true stories etc...which I always find more fascinating that fiction :-)
And hence...the Blog is back...and more posts will follow... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO