The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Maturita funnies 2017 - Part 1

I was really disappointed during the last two years, when I couldn't assist my colleagues with the English Maturita (as I had to survive my own!). Of course, I really enjoying listening to some of the excellent talks given by the students, but these exams are also a goldmine for some amusing English gems. Here is the first part of this year's selection. I hope you enjoy them, and you might recognise yourself among them. (Don't worry, the owners of these statements remain anonymous :) )

Sometimes, festivals get mixed up: "St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated in Scotland." 
And even names! "There is the famous sportsman – David Beckingham."

Grammar truly does save lives...or some of my students are cannibals! - Me and my Mom cook. Sometimes I cook, sometimes cook her.’

‘Old people go to a nursery home.’ Perhaps they were confused with Benjamin Button?

The Scottish came in for some real punishment in these exams! 'The Scottish have their own language - Scottish Garlic."
And on the subject of health - ‘’If you get a cold you can have a rainy nose.’’
No matter how many times I warn my students, this old favourite still makes an appearance :-) - “In London is the eye of London."

And we also learnt thatTower bridge breaks in the middle.’
And some students have an interesting diet: We have two courses for Christmas dinner – the first is soap’

And, for today, last but not least - "Shakespeare was a screenwriter." 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO