The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, October 2, 2017

Broccoli poetry

Once in a while, you get some golden inspiration - a fresh nugget, a gem of an idea...and a couple of weeks ago, I had such a moment. 
I was asking a class of students how they were, what they'd done on the weekend etc...and one replied that he'd been lazy, very lazy. I hazarded a guess that he'd lived like a vegetable - he agreed. When I asked him what kind of vegetable, he replied, 'Broccoli.'
And suddenly, there was this inspiration forming in my head.... 
Recently, on Czech TV, our school featured on a programme where a 'famous' chef was invited to the school canteen, by 'militant' students who were complaining about the daily meals that were being served up - one of which is the legendary 'Broccoli Poetry'. 
And then I dared to express the thought that had instantly formed in my head:
'Imagine dressing up as broccoli, and going to the school canteen and reading poetry...' 

Wow! Can you imagine that?!
Would YOU do that?!
If so, just remember to give me some credit ;-)
Mr E

And in case you find a well-fitting broccoli suit, here is some poetry to help you on your way:




George Bush Junior
didn't like broccoli
for the taste of it
made his taste buds cry
oh why oh why
must we endure
the taste of broccoli




No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO