The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, March 11, 2019

I'm back - but where have I been?

It was with some horror the other day that I realised I hadn't posted on my blog for over a year and a half!! I had been reasonably diligent until that point - but things started to drift - and other things got in the way - applying for Czech citizenship AND getting it (1st August 2018), and my Mum's long term illness (about 2 years), which ultimately led to her being diagnosed with cancer, moving to Czech Republic, and then dying in the local hospice on 2nd October. That was certainly one of the toughest & emotional times that my wife & I have faced since we got married.
And life is very full - as well as teaching (extra hours this year), there is also my English group in Velka Bystrice (which is still running after SO many years!), helping couples who are getting married, by working with them on a pre-marriage course, a healthy church group that we are part of, and, of course, bird watching & walking...and bit by bit, writing took a back seat, and eventually fell off & got swept away to a far place...
But, I want to write! Procrastination is not for me - it's a badly fitting suit, and it doesn't let me breathe. I need to write! And there are stories to tell ;-)
So, get ready for a true epic...
I'm back ;-)

1 comment:

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO