The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

22nd December - ROLL ON SPRING DAY!

There it is! I have created a new Festival/Celebration/Holiday myself! The 'Roll on Spring Day' on 22nd Decemeber, for yesterday was the shortest, darkest day that we experience in the northern hemisphere...and we can at last begin to look forward to longer days - which will hopefully mean more daylight, more sunshine, less snow & slush...the beautiful birds returning & singing. This is a day of hope - the hope of things to come. Let it roll on!! Come on Spring!!
I am reminded of the song 'Undertow' by Genesis - especially the chorus:
"Let me live again, let life come find me wanting.
Spring must strike again against the shield of winter.
Let me feel once more the arms of love surround me,
Telling me the danger's past, I need not fear the icy blast again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsaBX9sJ3s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO