The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A promise of things to come...

The other day, I was out walking in the bitter cold of this seemingly never-ending winter...and I began to think about things to come..

  • Spring - I love spring! Surely this season is my favourite one! The sun comes out a bit more (I hope), the birds sing and pair up & have young...some birds migrate back...flowers appear again, the days get longer, warmer...Hope springs in my heart!
  • I.S.L.I. - a yearly event that I attend with some students from S.G.O. at the end of February - a week of jam-packed activity. Great fun for the students, tiring for everyone...but an adrenaline blast for all! A chance to meet some old friends, to see young people practice not only their English skills (in their interactions with Americans & other Europeans), but also in grappling with the concepts of leadership, and also the provocative Issues Forum Topic (Abortion). 
  • Cycling!! I have really missed cycling & look forward to getting back into the saddle!
  • May holidays - the hope that we will get not one, but TWO long weekends at the beginning of May...we usually choose the one nearest Petra's birthday to celebrate her birthday, but also to enjoy the spring there.
  • Maturita Exams - demanding for the students, certainly...but also for the teachers - moreso for myself as I'm involved in sooooooo many exams - all of which I thoroughly enjoy. The joy of seeing the students do well...the disappointment of knowing they could have done better...or that they failed...
  • ...and after all that has happened, there is the promise of the summer holidays!!! But let's not run tooooo far ahead! :-)
As someone who believes in God & tries to keep 'in step with him' in my daily life, I am also aware of his promises for me. Sometimes, it can be a problem to try and look too far ahead. You can almost be longing for the future so much that you miss what's happening now. Hope is a good thing (as was noted in The Shawshank Redemption) - but today is the day! I am so glad that God has promised that he will never leave me, never give up on me, will always accept me (even if I mess up), and that he has 'plans and a future for me'...Yes. He is that interested...not just in me...but also in you, dear reader...

I can't always keep my promises. I am human. I mess up. But God always keeps his promises :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO