The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Even teachers have an off day... ;-)

Yesterday, I had to go once more to Prague (another exam for Maturita examiners...as I failed the last one! Too strict! Can you believe it?? :-))...and I enjoyed a comedy of errors on my way there...

Such a journey dictates an early start - so, up at 5.10am...getting stuff together etc...driving on my way to the station & I realise that I have forgotten my reading glasses! Oh well, I'll have to survive with my normal ones hanging off the end of my nose, I thought... Got to the station, finally found a place to park...got the 6.02am Reggio-Jet, as has become my custom on this trip - first carriage etc...sat in my seat...then the young lady asked to check my ticket...right seat, but wrong carriage. I thought I was in number 1, but it was number 5! She informed me that I had to go to the end of the train...so, I grabbed all my things together & wandered through the train, much like a homeless man, I guess. In my semi-sleepiness, I came to the end of the train & realised that it was carriage number 4! Where was number 1?? So, I wandered back, this time muttering like a mental health patient in search of someone to give me my medication (which by this time was my free coffee!)...a couple of Reggio-Jet staff, obviously disturbed at the sight of me meandering through the train, asked me if they could help me. I was informed that number 1 carriage came after number 5 :-) Wonderful! Not sure of the logic of all that...but I found my way to my carriage and to my seat...

I got there just in time for my coffee, though I didn't get it with the milk that I asked for. I made myself comfortable, stirred my sugar in, put the lid on again (or so I thought) and took a drink...nice :-) But what was that warm sensation on my shirt?! Horrors! Coffee all over my clean shirt! What a great start to the day...!

Thankfully, the rest of my trip went without incident, and I have hopefully passed my exam...and I enjoyed a trip on LEO Express coming back - no freebies there, but a bit more leg-room...and what a lovely spring day it was. Czech Republic is truly a beautiful country.

And such was my start to the day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO