The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time



Though I have posted this on Facebook, I like to use this Blog to collect things that I have done from time to time. The idea for this video came from the English Club - we had some lessons on 'Motivation', and the idea came to me of doing a motivational talk. As I get older, I realise how precious 'time' is - it is a gift (for me, from God). 
One of the most common complaints I hear, and indeed, I have uttered it myself, is that 'I don't have enough time'. I think the wisest thing I can say is that this is a lie ;-) We ALL have the same amount of time - 60 seconds a minute, 60 minutes an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...We only have to choose what we do with the time that is given to us (as Gandalf would say ;-) ). 
I have been amazed, flattered, and deeply touched by some of the responses that I had to this talk. When I did it in the classroom, I was inspired to speak each sentence to a different student as I went around the room. Such was the positive response that I had from this motivational talk, that I also decided to do it with some of the Maturita seminars in the closing lesson. It moved people...it moves me too. 
So, I post this as a reminder - not just to you, to make the most of your time - but also to myself. 

There is also a short video on this theme which I sometimes use in my classes:




And here is one of my all-time favourite songs on the theme of time - 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes' by Sandy Denny:



Be inspired - and make the most of your time :-)
Happy holidays to all of my students (current & ex) and to all my friends too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO