The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The deep breath before the plunge...

"It's so quiet..."
"Yes...it's the deep breath before the plunge..."

I am reminded of this scene from LOTR this morning...
This is the week before the battles of Maturita begin - and for me, it is so silent... At this time of the day, I should be teaching, but my seminar classes have finished (in some style, I hope, with fun & games & a motivational speech for some final words of encouragement). No 'suplovani' (substitution) for me. So, time to catch up with other work, tidy up my desk and files, maybe some e-mails...and to update my blog(s). 
I much prefer to be teaching. Some teachers are happy when it's like this, but strangely, not me ;-) 

However, I am looking forward to next week. Two weeks of examining. Two weeks of early starts and late finishes. There will be joy, there will be tears, there will be battles even among the teachers to decided the final marks.
Many will pass, but some will stumble and...


But remember, this is not the end of the world - it is just another step in life's journey. Your attitude to either success or failure is more important, especially the latter. 
And for many of you, the longest holiday of your life is waiting, just around the corner ;-)

I wish all of my students the very best of success in ALL exams, but ESPECIALLY in English.
Remember:
  • take the initiative
  • use that 15 or 20 minutes preparation time - that (in my opinion) is THE most important part of the exam, that is where it is won or lost...
  • sit up straight, and look like you mean business
  • look your teachers in the eye, but don't stare at them ;-)

  • don't shake your legs, or fiddle with your hair or jewelry
  • don't click your pen or other such irritating or distracting habits
  • don't come in with alcohol on your breath
  • don't chew gum
  • and switch off your mobile phone!! (you WILL fail if it goes off during the exams!)

See you soon ;-)
Mr E





No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO