The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Preparing for the English Maturita - using music & video clips :-)

Recently, I had a conversation with a student (Štěpán Zendulka, to be exact ;-)). He was very sincere about trying to correct his regular mistakes in conversation, and wondered if I could help him by pointing him to some suitable websites etc. Truth is, the internet is FULL of useful websites - too many even for me to surf! But it reminded me of something that occurred to me a while ago - that I believe it is possible to prepare for the English Maturita in a fun & informative way, with the use of music (or in some cases, video clips). 

Music is a great way to learn pronunciation (though not always grammar!): 

And with many, if not all of the themes, it is possible to find some interesting, perhaps even thoughtful song(s).

And so, as Maturita draws ever closer, I will attempt to prove my point on this Blog. I only hope that Štěpán and other students will find it helpful, and therefore, some feedback would be great - or even some suggestions. Who knows? This could prove to be an invaluable resource ;-)

Happy studying!
Mr E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO