The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Maturita Results Posts - A new way of doing things

During the last two weeks of May, I was examining with my colleagues during the Maturita exams. Over the last few years, I have done daily updates about the successes or otherwise of the exams, usually a few brief sentences. I do this mainly to share in the joy of success, but also to keep their classmates & friends up to date, and also for future students to be aware of any potential problems.
And this year was continuing in the same vein...and this was my entry for the Weds in the first week:
...and the 3rd morning is over, and ALL passed in ALL subjects  !! Very well done, everyone - now go & have some fun 😊

And then this happened...one of my ex-students sent the following message:

This was a tremendous inspiration for me - a real 'kick up the butt' to be creative. However, doing the posts this was (as suggested above) meant I had to be discreet (being aware of GDPR & sensitive information etc), and also to try & use a different theme for each report...but it was a challenge that I threw myself into.



Kryštof Kolář Ok, this is getting quite boring. How about to make it a little bit more dramatic? I 
would like a statement like this: It takes great courage, or great madness, to challenge fate and try to conquer dungeons of this unholy citadel of forbidden knowledge. Brave heroes and foolhardy alike, armed with both sharp steel and esotheric artifacts dared inside this day. Fighting mad scholars and their foul servants, some evoked unthinkable bloodbath, like a rabid fox in a hen house. Rampaging beyond reason, beyond sanity, those brought back glittering gold, trinkets and baubles. Some ran away with only their bare lives and fatal wounds stinging with mockery and dishonor, resolve faded, doomed to eternity. Some were massacred, obliterated, sacrificed upon the altar of death itself. The one true battlefield of valor, murder and ruin, an ephemeral monument to death and glory!

I had some good & positive feedback from some students, both on-line & face-to-face during the exams, who were very appreciate of the way that I did it. Indeed, one student thought I must have been on drugs! 😂The truth is, I was under time pressure most of the time - after the morning session, during my short lunch break...and for the evening report, after my supper & before I could relax & unwind & have some time with my wife...but I always managed to get an idea.

Indeed, it was my lovely wife who suggested that I should compile everything together into one post - which will be the next post after this!
I hope you enjoy them...and I will need some fresh ideas for next year! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO