The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, January 21, 2013

An embarrassing moment...

On Friday night we went to the Ball featuring the classes of 8A,8B & 6AF...we found our way to the table, number 6, and awaited our friends who would be sitting with us...however, as the ball was about to begin no-one seemed to be coming. Mrs Blahova & her husband joined us as they couldn't find their table, and we were later joined by Mrs Bekova & her husband (who also seemed to be lost)...but as we had free seats at the table, it was no problem.
The ball began & we really enjoyed ALL of the presentations, though I confess to being very stunned & amused to see 8A performing with face-masks of the teachers - two of mine running rampant! :-) As with all balls, it is great to see the students that I teach dressed up & looking smart, handsome & beautiful.
The the end of the presentations came...the students all lined up, and in 2's and 3's proceeded to come straight to our table & bow politely... It was a prime position - a great view....but then one of the men said, 'You don't think we're on the director's table, do you?' And that was when I noticed Mr Slouka standing at the back of the hall...yes, standing...
I broke into a hot sweat...I'm sure I saw my life flash in front of me...and as each couple or trio of students came forward, it was all I/we could do to return a nervous smile. I haven't been so embarrassed in all my time at SGO so far! :-o
Finally, the last students smiled & bowed...Mr Slouka made a speech, everyone sang a song...and when that was over, we made a hasty exit, a bit like Mr Bean!
We realised that we had the right number...just the wrong colour on our ticket! :-)
Afterwards, I saw Mr Slouka & apologised profusely...and he was very kind & reasonable. No problems.
But it is a moment that I won't forget in a hurry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO