The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting back what you give out...

There is something wonderful that I would love to post - but first of all, I have to ask the permission of the student concerned. But be patient - I'm hopeful that it will come ;-) It was a great analogy in an essay. Last week, I was in Prague for the day (Maturita training for 'native speakers') - and so I had some time to catch up with marking some essays...and to be honest, it was great fun! (Though many teachers find it a chore ;-)) This was on the back of a some great lessons last week - especially the seminar with the Yellow Snow Eaters. During those lessons, they gave talks on their sports experiences since they were little children - and they were excellent! Great use of English, and often very witty & funny. And many of the essays that I marked on Thursday were in the same vein...

It dawned on me that 'what you sow, you reap' - I just love communicating, story-telling, sharing life experiences etc...and it really is a privilege and a joy to hear & read so many great stories, and most of them told in great style. It's humbling to hear some of the experiences of my students, enlightening too...but I also really appreciate the sense of humour that many of the stories are conveyed with. It shows great skill & love of the language.

Sometimes it's hard to have some inspiration for a creative essay - but I have discovered that clever students use their own inspiration ;-) And for that, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO