The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Learning English is healthy!! :-)

Yesterday, I was teaching a seminar on health. During the course of conversation, it was clear that 3 students were suffering from a headache...and the cause of the headache was probably stress.

I am amazed at how knowingly mean some teachers can be to students... :-( And that they seem oblivious to the stress that they put some students under...however, we enjoyed a good seminar, inter-active, and some good stories...
At the end of the seminar, I was on my way back to the kabinet and I felt a tap on my shoulder. One of the girls from the seminar stopped me and said, "Mr Everill, my headache is gone! I really enjoyed the seminar, it was fun, and now my headache has gone and I feel much better."
Wow! I thanked her for her encouragement and reflected on the fact that as teachers, we CAN make a difference to a student's mood, even their health.
I guess that makes it official - English lessons (well, some of them :-)) are healthy for you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO