The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The secret life of students....

I was reminded of an old TV sitcom from when I was a youth - 'Please, sir!'. There was a student called Dennis, and his favourite line was 'Please, sir. I want to be a horse.' Why did I have this flashback? Well, yesterday, one of my male students informed me that he always wanted to act, and his dream was to play the role of a Princess :-) 'Please, sir. I want to be a Princess,' does have a certain flair to it...perhaps a step up from wanting to be a horse?

In the same seminar, I also discovered that one girl, who was at a House Party somewhere in Slovakia, was in need of a taxi ride home - she couldn't find one, and being the worse for drink, she's not quite sure what happened...but she knows that a police car took her to where she was staying! I didn't realise that the Slovakian police were so accommodating! Maybe she can upgrade next time to this? :-)



And even today, I discovered how a romance budded between 2 shy classmates which resulted (somehow) in their first date being in a cemetery! How romantic!! I guess it was quite a grave experience, but led to something deeper? :-) It won the prize for giving me the biggest laugh this week (so far!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO