The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The word on the street...


Here's a phrase to learn - it basically means, 'what is the gossip, or rumours' about a particular topic. I have been recently amazed at how quickly 'the word on the street' gets around...and HOW it gets around :-)

For certain delicate reasons, I'm not at liberty to discuss the situation this 'word' concerns...but let's just say that during maturita a situation arose...

Very soon, the news spread like wildfire, even the cleaners, caretakers, and buffet women heard the news...even as far as Pastuerova!
Then one teacher heard from a colleague in H**čin...and even they knew the story...but how? "Oh, the hairdresser told me," was the answer...

We used to say in England that the hairdressers knew ALL of the rumours & gossip around the town - seems to be the same here too.

It reminds me of this great song by The Band...

If the 'rumour' has reached you, I'd be interested to know how far away you are :-)

2 comments:

  1. I live in Brno and I know the story - I learned it from my hairdresser in Olomouc. I wonder if it is the same one... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously?? :-) If so, that is amazing...!!! :D

      Delete

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO