The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, June 23, 2014

Here comes summer :-)

“The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning.” 
― C.S. LewisThe Last Battle


Counting down the last few days now until summer begins!
I love to savour this feeling...the week before 2 glorious months of summer holidays! Holidays that promise adventure, friendship, relaxation, perhaps some work (at the cottage), bird-watching, reading all those books that I haven't had time to read, watching all those films I haven't had time to watch, playing chess & sharing a beer with friends, walks, and precious time with my wife too :-) 
Much as I love my job (and I REALLY do!), this is a time when I as a teacher can recharge my batteries, and refocus, and get fresh inspiration for another year of creative & (I hope!) fun teaching!

The holidays begin on Friday afternoon when my wife & I will head off to Bile Carpathy (White Carpathians) in the south-east of Czech Republic for a week of hiking & exploring some new countryside, and maybe to spot some new birds too ;-) 
There is also the promise of a weekend away with a close group on friends in August (near Bouzov), and meeting up with some old friends in Prague in August too.
The rest of it? Well, lots of plans & ideas, as you can see, but it's like a blank sheet of paper, waiting for stories to be written.

I just LOVE this sense of anticipation... :-) The summer holidays are coming! Whooppee!! :D 

See you the other side of summer :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO