The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Toothpaste Tube time...


Well....that's what it has felt like since I last wrote! It has been SO busy... Much as I love writing, and despite my good intentions in wanting to blog regularly, it has just not been possible. In starting a new school year (my 9th at this school, and thus extending my record of being in ANY job for so long!), I have felt like a toothpaste tube, squeezed from all sides...squeezed by the pressures of getting lessons plans done, actually planning those said lessons, working with new classes (back with the students who are preparing for Maturita next year), having to learn to teach in different styles/ways in order to get the best out of a group...as well as living a normal life outside of school!

And I've also been to Wurzburg this last weekend, to prepare for next year's ISLI...in my fairly new capacity as European Director! There has been a LOT going on.


And a lot going on also means LOTS of good stories, which I will try to relate in this period as my teaching life begins to settle into a more manageable rhythm. 

As I reflect on this recent month, I am once more reminded of a truth that I have learnt in life - that when the pressures come, you find out what's inside the 'tube'...and I have been amazed at my capacity (thank God!) to cope with the many demands that have come my way. And it certainly gets the adrenaline flowing! 

And once more I'm confident that I belong in this job - that I still have something to offer to young people as they push the boundaries of their knowledge of English (and drag those who are drowning, to the surface of coherence!). This is the BEST job that I've ever had - really :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO