The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, August 28, 2017

Summer is over...


Today was my first day of work in 2 months! I'm one of those rare people who actually enjoy their jobs, and though I could quite easily enjoy another week or two of doing what I want to do, I believe it's good to be involved in something as active and rewarding as the job I do. I think 2 months is more than enough time to get refreshed and recharged and re-envisioned for what will be my 12 year at SGO. It's still hard to believe that I've got 11 years behind me, when I look back to my first year...and I'm sure a lot of memories will come flooding back, and some might get the cobwebs blown off them, when I go to class reunion (4A of 2006-2007) this Saturday ☺!!

My summer holidays were great - everything I needed. A week of good walks & mountains & beauty in the High Tatras, a couple of visits to the family cottage in Vysocina to do some work & spend time with family, a lot of cycling in the beautiful countryside around Velka Bystrice & beyond, meeting up with lots of friends, walks in the country, reading books, watching films, picking fruit and lots of other things ☺. To be honest, I still didn't manage to do everything that was on my list to do! 

Last week, an ex-student asked me what teachers actually do during the preparation week, before the students return next week. Well, it is basically that - we prepare. As for myself, I prepare myself mentally - even a teacher can feel rusty after 2 months off! - and I prepare myself practically. Now that I know my new timetable (the 1st thing every teacher wants to know when they come back, as well as when the next holidays are! :)), I can get my class lists together & begin to think about the first lessons. I love to get the ball rolling - I much prefer to teach than to be stuck in my 'kabinet' doing paperwork. 

I'm also preparing for another excellent year with I.S.L.I, which begins with a planning meeting in Wurzburg in 2 weeks, and also for English Club at SGO. But there are a lot of other things that I'm hoping to do, outside of work, this coming school year...and I'll tell you about one tomorrow :) 

All in all, I believe this is going to be another great year, and I sincerely look forward to working with some very intelligent young people, and seeing them grow in their use (& love!) of English! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO