The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

When you can't find the words....

This was a gem...
Yesterday I was teaching the younger students in the French section. I'd asked them to learn some new vocabulary for their homework. Lubos came to the board and wrote 'imperfect' on it. I asked him to explain what it meant. He struggled to find the words - "I know what it means...but...hmmmmm..." "Ok," I said, "What does 'perfect' mean?" Again, another struggle - but once more he couldn't express himself. Suddenly, he went to his desk, picked up a cheap biro-pen, and came back to the front of the class. Holding the biro in his hand he said, "This is perfect...", then he snapped it in two! "This is imperfect!" I couldn't help myself laughing and congratulating his ingenuity & spontanuety & shook his hand. The class erupted into applause & laughter too. A classic moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO