The art of thinking...

The art of thinking...

Monday, February 10, 2014

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...!! It's....

A most unusual thing happened in the Monday morning seminar with Mr E. Chickens today...Two weeks ago, Patrik Chrobok (yes, I name him, because this will make him a legend ;-) ) was caught using his mobile phone for the 2nd time this school year. Having already had a 'yellow card', he was promptly given the red, by myself, and so had to face what is to many students, a mystery - what does the red card mean? Well, it really depends on my mood, to be honest - sometimes it can be an extra essay, a short talk, maybe doing something silly. The whole point of this is to make sure it doesn't happen again. The use of mobile phones imply a lack of concentration, and of course, men can seldom think of more than one thing at a time...

My mood 2 weeks ago? Hard to say - but this was the result: I suggested to Patrik that he come dressed as a superhero & do a 2 minute talk on why he shouldn't use a mobile phone in the lesson...or...to have a make-over from some eager girls in the class! Patrik agreed that my option was the better one...and so today, Patrik appeared - but looked like he was clothed normally. Shortly before his punishment (if we can call it that!), he disappeared to the toilet...I did wonder if he would come back, fully dressed for action...or perhaps he had 'done a runner'? But no, he came back, still looking the same. Then it was Patrik's moment.

He took off his sweater & revealed a torso that was naked, except for a Superman emblem, taped to his chest.
And instead of wearing his underpants outside his tights (as Superman does, for some odd reason), Patrik promptly removed his jeans and unveiled a pair of Superman underpants...and then proceeded to do his talk!! I guess it was a sort of 'Superman unplugged'?! :-)

The talk was very good, considering that Patrik was wearing little more than a smile & some accessories - but he did try to justify the use of mobile phones generally, as opposed to in my lesson. It was tempting to punish with a make-over anyway, but much to the disappointment of a couple of the girls, I let it go. He did say that Superman needed a mobile phone, although I argued that in the past Superman had super-hearing...but today I learnt that even superheroes grow old, and some of their bits don't function as well as they used to! 


It was, as I said...unusual. And I kind of had the impression that Patrik was not embarrassed by it at all! Seems like he's used to doing this kind of thing. Perhaps I need to be more creative with my punishments in future?! :-) 

Oh yes...and Vojta never really did explain about the 'sausage party'.... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This is soooooo perverse (and I don't mean my friend named Perwerz)!!! I mean, whole this lesson was perverse. At first the sausage party, then Patrick almost naked in front of everyone... But anyway the make over would have been fun and my excellent red colour lipstick would suit Partick very well... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, Linda, perverse is a strong word...! I'll settle for unusual ;-) I never expected Patrik to do THAT...honestly :D As for the sausage party thing, we never did get to the truth of what that was all about...and what with Tom Hanks & his toilet problems in films, children smoking, psychopathic dentists...well, never let it be said that English seminars are boring :D!!

      Delete

Teacher SGO

Teacher SGO